Sunday, August 17, 2008

Music - From the fish's eye

Right now am 23 and seen the rise and fall of some of the greatest rock and metal acts in the country and also in the international circuit. Maybe I ain't such a great guitar player or a vocals wizard but whatever little I have learned over the ages, I can proudly say that the basic mental block in people's mind over the type of songs they listen and the type of songs they want to listen to in a Rock Concert is very different.

The mental block is Metal and more metal.

Any band that comes to the stage want to play some Lamb of God or some Children of Bodom and stuff. I mean, come on, there needs to be variety in the kinda music that's being played live. Where's the good old days of classic rock or even the existing modern rock.
How many guys play what they want ? Contrary to that, they want to play what the metal crowd wants. I mean its good, till a point.

Now again the rebellious competitions are there to spoil the music growth of the bands. More competition is good as long as its in a healthy way. This is my blog and I will say what I want to.
So here it goes, competitions hamper the growth of a musician. Its a threat to his very own existence. Now sue me of YOU want to.

I remember the words of the children from SCHOOL OF ROCK movie , when Jack Black's band failed to win the event, they said, " Hey cheer up. Rock is not about winning or losing. Sex Pistols didn't win anything"

I still maintain to this very day "One good rock show can change the world"

I remember my childhood days when I still danced to the beats of Michael Jackson's Beat It.
Trust me, its one of the most inspirational and life changing songs for me. MJ if he wanted could have become the greatest rock star if he wanted to. Sad he screwed up his chnaces. Eddie Van Halen was one of his instruments. The heart stopping solos he rendered for Beat It, still echoes in my ears right to this moment.

The 80's Glam period came and went by, but the memory still remains. This peroid saw the rise of the NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal) and bands like Van Halen, Europe, Journey, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest, Helloween and others.
The glam rock-meatal acts like Warrant, Strypper, Van Halen,Skid Row,Dokken, Poison and others. This ages' songs are still omnipresent in the songs that I make today. Tried to shove it off but doesnt seem to go. The screeching guitars tones and the blistering powerful vocals and blending keyboards are just some of the attires this period had to offer. If you havent listened to them before make it a point that you listen to them right now.

Right now I am kinda short of energy to scribble anymore. So until the next time, Keep On Rocking in The Free World. \m/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are straight to the point buddy... Its true most of the people here plays some thrash metal thinking its the only thing ever existed in this world. They never understand truly what they are are or what they really want...

By the way your song, 'Around the corner' sonds good... keep up the good work... :)

The Psycho Blogger said...

u got it bang on wit th bit abt bands simply playing metal 2 please th crowd dude. i recently attended a rock concert here n actually startd laughin @ th fact tht all th bands hd only one agenda, i.e. "evrything louder than evrything else" :D